Some people think that buying a commercial meat grinder for home use is a waste of money. But is it really?
We all know that it’s nice to have a meat grinder in the kitchen for times when a home-made burger is craved by the kids. Or when you’ve invited friends over for dinner and they’re looking forward to your special bolognese recipe, and your “to-die-for” grilled sausages.
Whether to celebrate an occasion, or simply gather friends and family for a sumptuous meal, the meat grinder is a kitchen tool that will help you create fantastic recipes that require fresh ground meat as the main ingredient.
But the most important reason for buying one is knowing that with your commercial meat grinder, you will always have pure, fresh, ground meat – whenever you want.
There are different types of meat grinders available in the market for different households. So we have listed the best commercial meat grinders for 2020 to help you decide which one could fill your kitchen needs.
- Reviews Of 5 Best Commercial Meat Grinder
- STX Turboforce II”Platinum” w/Foot Pedal Heavy-Duty Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
- KWS SL-8 Commercial 450W 1/2HP Electric Meat Grinder Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
- LEM Products W780A Stainless Steel Big Bite Electric #12-Meat Grinder (.75-HP)
- Kitchener Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer #32 1.5 HP 1080 LBS Per/Hr
- Ensue Commercial 1100W Series #12 Electric Meat Grinder (1 HP)
- BEST PRACTICES FOR COMMERCIAL GRADE MEAT GRINDERS
- FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS
- CLEANING THE MEAT GRINDER
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
- What are the best meat grinders?
- How much does a commercial meat grinder costs?
- What is the best meat grinder for deer?
- What is an industrial meat grinder?
- Final Words
Reviews Of 5 Best Commercial Meat Grinder
STX Turboforce II”Platinum” w/Foot Pedal Heavy-Duty Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer
Beauty and a Beast. This is how we can best describe the STX Turboforce II Platinum Edition Meat Grinder. Whether you choose the white or the black with chrome accent, this thing is a beauty that will stand out in your kitchen counter.
But the real beauty of the Turboforce II is what lies beneath its futuristic styling. The 2000 Watts of peak output power allows this beauty to unleash the grinding power needed to tackle even the toughest cuts of meat and soft bones of chicken or other poultry are fair game. Whether the bone is for your pet’s raw diet or for a soup that will be served for dinner, this will grind it easily and keep the flavor intact.
The STX Turboforce II’s patented Quad Air Cooling Intakes keep the grinder’s motor from heating up. This significantly prolongs or even double the lifespan of the product.
You will have everything that you need with the Platinum Edition package including a Foot Pedal control. Use it and you will appreciate stuffing sausage by yourself.
Here are the complete accessories of the best commercial meat grinder STX Turboforce II Platinum Edition:
- 1 – 2000 Watt Main Grinding Unit
- 1 Foot Pedal – For Optional Use
- 1 – Size #12 Main Grinding Unit
- 3 – Stainless Steel Cutting Blades
- 5 – Sizes of Tempered Steel Grinding Plates
- 1 – Beaner Plate – Sausage Stuffing Plate
- 1 – Set of 3 Sizes of Sausage Stuffing Tubes with Adapter
- 1 – Kubbe (also know as a Kibbe) Attachment
- 1 – Pair of Meat Shredder Claws
- 1 – Burger-Slider Patty Maker Press
- 1 – Palm Press Meat Pusher/Stuffer
- 1 – Complete Instructions with Illustrations
Included in the package for the STX Turborforce II Platinum Edition are the following Platinum Bonuses:
- High Capacity Polished Meat Tray: Easily Holds more than 3 lbs. of meat to be ground and/or for stuffing sausage.
- Foot Activated On/Off Pedal: For Optional “Hands-Free Operation” of the Meat Grinder. Very handy when stuffing sausage.
- A Burger-Slider Press with Waxed Transfer Sheets: Perfect for making burgers or sliders
- 2 Durable Meat Claws for Shredding, Handling, and Carving Meat
This is one complete Meat Grinder that your kitchen will ever need.
- Powerful 2000 Watt motor
- Stunning elegant design complements most kitchen
- Quad Air Cooling Intake prevents overheating
- Foot Pedal for hands-free operation good for sausage stuffing
- Various steel hardened grinding plates and steel blades allow different types of ground meat
- Machine is a bit loud but tolerable
Don’t forget to read our Cuisinart Electric Meat Grinder Review
KWS SL-8 Commercial 450W 1/2HP Electric Meat Grinder Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
The KWS SL-8 Commercial is a heavy-duty, commercial use meat grinder perfect for all wild and tamed meat. Its 450-Watt, ½ horsepower motor is powerful enough to grind all cuts of meat and will handle soft bones of chicken and other poultry without any problem. This is the best commercial meat grinder.
It can handle the daily demands of meat processing shops, restaurants, butcher shops, and more. It can grind up to 176 lbs of meat per hour. The SL-8 is made from the highest quality stainless steel which is harder and extremely durable.
To handle the heat generated by the friction of the grinding head, 2 lines of heat dissipation holes are located on each side of the main body. This adds up to the lifespan and service of this powerful grinding machine.
It’s a well-built, solid meat grinder that is an asset to every home, restaurant, or any commercial establishments that are after quality. If there’s one small chink in its armor, it’s the sharp edges around the front base of the main body. Otherwise, it’s a great piece of equipment that will surely last for many years.
Here are the accessories included with the KWS SL-8 (The Best Commercial Meat Grinder) comes with:
- 4 sausage stuffing tubes
- Replacement knife
- Plastic pusher
- Stainless steel meat tray
- 1/4” and 5/16” grinder plates
- High-quality stainless steel body
- 450 Watt power with ½ horsepower does the job
- Can grind up to 176 lbs. of meat per hour
- 2 Lines of heat dissipation prolongs the lifespan of the grinder
- Sharp edges around the front base is not a good design
LEM Products W780A Stainless Steel Big Bite Electric #12-Meat Grinder (.75-HP)
Whether you’re preparing your wild game meat or just grinding fresh-cut meat into a burger or sausage, the LEM Stainless Steel Big Bite #12 Meat Grinder will turn it into a delicious fare for the whole family. This mean machine is going to take your meat grinding into a whole different level.
It features a professional grade top of the line components that Lem Products company is known for. Maybe you’ve heard about the Big Bite’s little brother, “Mighty Bite”. Both are powerful meat grinders, but the Big Bite is just at another level. This is one of the best commercial meat grinders and the best bone grinder.
The name Big Bite comes from the extra gap on the auger which is responsible for “grabbing” an extra big bite of meat into the grinding chamber towards the steel plate. The benefit is you’re able to grind larger chunks of meat without stopping and without clogging up the machine. This revolutionary design in an auger makes it perform faster than most meat grinders in the market.
The #12 Stainless Steel Big Bite is a significant step up from the #5 or #8 Big Bite units. This workhorse will grind approximately 11 lbs of meat per minute. That’s a mind-boggling 660 lbs. of wild game or tamed meat ground in an hour!
What’s even more amazing is that all that power does not result in a loud motor nice. The Big Bite is one of the quietest meat grinder in its class. This meat grinder is solidly built and weighs 47 lbs. It’s not a light-weight at all. It has a heavy-duty handle for convenient handling or when you need to move it around the kitchen.
The housing for the motor is all stainless steel and the metal gears have roller bearings. It’s a permanently lubricated motor to reduce friction and keep the motor efficiently running. A built-in circuit breaker is an added peace of mind for its owner.
LEM Products believed in the quality and durability of their Big Bite machine that they have extended the warranty to 5 years.
The following comes with the main unit:
- 1 meat stomper
- 1 stainless steel knife
- 1 stainless steel stuffing plate
- 2 stainless steel plates (coarse, fine)
- 3 stuffing tubes
- Revolutionary auger design for faster grind
- 550 Watt power with ¾ horsepower makes it a powerful grinder
- Can grind up to 660 lbs. of meat per hour
- Permanently lubricated motor
- Built-in circuit breaker
- Heavy-duty weighing 47 lbs of stainless steel
- A bit on the pricey side
Kitchener Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer #32 1.5 HP 1080 LBS Per/Hr
If you’re impressed with the 660 lbs. of meat per hour grinding capability of the LEM Big Bite, there is one meat grinder that can do almost twice as that.
Introducing the Kitchener Electric Meat Grinder & Sausage Stuffer.
It’s powered by a 1.5 horsepower motor with a 550-watt peak power. This is the type of commercial-grade meat grinder you will find in meat processing shops, restaurants, and other commercial establishments. And it’s not surprising considering it can grind meat at a rate of 1080 lbs per hour. This thing is a monster – in a good way.
This is not the meat grinder for you if you only ground meat occasionally. It’s a bit more expensive compared to the other meat grinders on this list. But if the amount of time to ground all your meat is cut in half, then the price is worth it. Especially if you’re running a business, you know that time is money.
Here are the accessories included with the main unit:
- 1 stainless steel cutting knife
- 1 stainless steel coarse plate (3/8”)
- 1 stainless steel fine plate (3/16”)
- 2 stainless steel stuffing plate
- 4 stuffing tubes (3/8”, ½”, ¾”, 1-1/8”)
- 1 solid meat stomper
This heavy-duty meat grinder will grind all types of meat and soft bones from poultry without any problem.
- 550-watt and 1.5 horsepower makes it one of the most powerful meat grinder
- Heavy-duty stainless steel grinder head, auger, and meat pan
- Able to grind 1080 lbs. of meat per hour
- Large-capacity stainless steel meat pan
- Maintenance-free air-cooled motor adds power
- Looks stunning with its timeless design
- Price is on the higher range
Ensue Commercial 1100W Series #12 Electric Meat Grinder (1 HP)
The last meat grinder on our list is also the most expensive one. But it’s the priciest for a reason. Consider that it’s powered by a 1hp horsepower air-cooled motor with a 1100-watt peak power. The torque that it can generate for the grinding head is massive allowing it to pulverize every piece of meat thrown at it – including bones. This is the best meat grinder for bones.
It goes head-to-head with the Ensue Electric Meat Grinder as both boast of 1080 lbs. of ground meat in 60 minutes. It has a massive neck size which accommodates a chicken thigh easily and grinds it like a boss.
This is a beast of a machine and surprisingly, it’s not as loud as it should be considering it has a very powerful motor. This is thanks in part to the precision-engineered gears. The same motor is permanently lubricated enabling it to run smooth for a lifetime of use.
A reverse gear switch means you can dislodge any jammed meat just in case. But with the way it handles even the tough game meat, it’s one feature you will seldom use.
Here are the accessories included with the Ensue Commercial Meat Grinder:
- Auger Grabbing Stomper for simple disassembly and cleanup.
- Stainless Steel Grinding Knife
- Two (2) Stainless Steel Grinding Plates: Coarse (7mm) and Medium (4.5mm)
- Sausage Stuffing Kit: Set of three (3) funnels: 20mm, 30mm, 40mm, and 10mm
- Snack stick funnel & high-speed auger
- Plus a Stuffing star/spacer.
Cleaning the Ensue is easy especially with the high-grade stainless steel that houses its main body. It won’t go anywhere with its non-slip rubber feet for added stability. Overall, this machine is worth the hype and if you want a meat grinder that works fast and takes whatever you give it, then this might be the one for you.
- Powerful meat grinder with up to 1100 Watts peak power
- Permanent lubrication ensures smooth operation
- Able to grind 1080 lbs. of meat per hour
- Large-capacity stainless steel meat pan
- Heavy duty and solid built
- Smooth and quiet operation despite its powerful motor
- Price is on the higher range
BEST PRACTICES FOR COMMERCIAL GRADE MEAT GRINDERS
Buying the best commercial-grade meat grinder is not gonna break the bank. But, it can make a dent in your pocket if you do not take good care of it. Any kitchen equipment needs proper care and maintenance to keep it in top-notch condition. Knowing how to take good care of your meat grinder ensures that this highly-dependable tool will be with you for years to come.
The company that manufactured your meat grinder knows its capability and its vulnerability as well. When assembling your meat grinder for the first time, make sure to follow the manual that goes with your product. Make sure that no part is interchanged or improperly put together. A blade that is put backward may still function but may soon get stuck or worse – break. Another thing to follow is to only use the meat grinder with what the manufacturer intended it to be used for. If they say your meat grinder should not be used for a certain type of meat or food, it would be wise to listen than push your luck.
CLEANING THE MEAT GRINDER
One sure way of shortening the life of your meat grinder is by not cleaning it and allowing meat residue and dirt to accumulate and harden on the moving parts. Refer to the manual on how to properly clean it. If you’ve noticed most or all of the meat grinder on our list does not recommend putting the grinding plates and other aluminum parts in the dishwasher. The detergent in the dishwasher will damage the finish and will discolor the aluminum. Instead, they recommend to wash it in running water using a regular soap to clean any residue that has accumulated. It’s also important to dry all the parts after washing for longer service life.
Read Also our Kitchenaid meat grinder attachment review
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
Here are some of the frequently asked questions when it comes to meat grinders.
What are the best meat grinders?
The best meat grinders are those that are fast and efficient. And to be able to do that, it must have a powerful motor. If you intend to grind the big amount of meat, you have to consider getting a meat grinder with a higher wattage. The auger is also important as it is the one that drills the meat into the plate. You need to choose one with the right size that complements the motor to generate more power. It should be made of high-grade stainless steel. Since it has moving parts, each of the parts must also be well-made and built to last for long. Ease of use is very important and the best commercial meat grinders are not complicated to operate. It must also be easy to clean and maintain. Lastly, parts should be available in case any accessory wears down for easy replacement. Price is not always the basis for the best as there are meat grinders which are at reasonable prices, but are loaded with features.
How much does a commercial meat grinder costs?
A heavy-duty commercial meat grinder costs from $200 to as high as more than $1000. The price is largely dependent on the kind of motor that powers the grinder. The higher the wattage or horsepower, the more expensive it would be. Another thing to consider is the quality of material used and the amount of meat that can be processed in the shortest possible time. Commercial meat grinder is ideal for home use since it is highly durable and will last longer compared to basic meat grinders.
What is the best meat grinder for deer?
Unlike cows, hogs, and poultry animals, which are bred for domestic consumption, deer is considered a wild animal whose meat is much tougher. The best meat grinder for deer is one that has a powerful motor that can easily grind its tough meat. The STX Turboforce Classic 3000 Series Electric Meat Grinder & the LEM Products 1158 Mighty Bite Electric Meat Grinder are both capable of grinding deer meet with no problem whatsoever. It will just be a matter of preference in choosing which one is more suitable for you.
What is an industrial meat grinder?
An industrial meat grinder is one that is used heavily to process meat on a continuous period. These are usually found in factories and manufacturing plants where meat processing is made. Apart from having bigger capacity as compared to a commercial meat grinder, industrial meat grinders are designed for constant use and abuse and so it is built to withstand all of these. When you visit a factory where they use meat grinders, you will notice that
Buying frozen ground meat should be enough reason for you to buy yourself a meat grinder. For one, you have few options compared to grinding your meat. You don’t know what’s in that frozen meat. Some unscrupulous meat shop owners mix other animal meat (horsemeat) to their ground beef. Some put fillers to add weight to the meat to make more profit. Worse, there may be chemicals that may have found its way in there.
If you have your own meat grinder, you don’t have to worry about all these. You simply go to a butcher shop and pick your choice cuts which you plan to make into your own home-made burger. You know it’s red meat, fresh, and there is no possibility that there will be a meat other than beef in your ground meat. You are also sure that no filler or emulsifier will be in the end product.
In short, you are assured that what you will eat together with your loved ones is fresh, more flavorful, nutritious, and safe meat. Operating the meat grinder is easy and fast. There are no complicated buttons to push and the result is immediate.