If you’re the casual cook both in amount and frequency then these best manual meat grinders are for you. Meat grinders are handy tools that a lot of us use almost every day.
If you’re too busy then buying readily prepared processed meat is a convenient way to go but if you’re like us that we want to ensure the freshness and integrity of our food then meat grinders are our best option.
Now there are two types of meat grinders, electric and manual. While electric meat grinders are a lot more heavy-duty grinders they are useful and practically a waste of your money if you won’t be able to utilize them regularly.
What are the best manual meat grinders? Our 8 Picks:
LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder
The first entry on our best manual meat grinder review is the durable LEM Products #10 Stainless Steel Clamp-on Hand Grinder. This is a heavy-duty made of all stainless steel clamp-on hand-operated grinding model.
Now, there are a lot of advantages when your tool is made of stainless steel. And these advantages are more valuable with grinding machines. The polished stainless steel allows for easy maintenance, consistent grinding quality, and durable overall construction.
This meant the grinder is meant to last. It has a pretty decent opening and the grinding tools themselves can be mounted on your table or countertop that’s 1 1/4 inches thick maximum.
Comes with 2 ss plates, and ss knife, a stuffing star, and 3 stuffing tubes. Use it as meat grinding machine or a sausage stuffer, this manual grinding machine should come in handy in the kitchen.
This product has decent reviews online too. People are saying that it is an easy grinder, safe, consistent, and indeed durable.
- The construction materials of the machine are very tough.
- You will enjoy the longevity and durability if the machine
- This model is easy to maintain and comfortable
- Consistent model compare to the other brands
- Versatile product with affordable price
- Stainless steel blades and discs would not rust.
- Sharper blades will permit to cut tougher cuts
- Some parts are prone to rust.
- This product is made in china.
- Some reviewers complain about the design
Weston #10 Tinned Manual Meat Grinder
Homemade burgers and sausages will never be the same again with the Weston #10 Manual Tinned Meat Grinder and Sausage Stuffer.
If you value the quality as well as the integrity of the food you prepare for your family then this best manual grinding machine is for you.
It has 2 solid cutting steel grinder plates at 45 mm and 10 mm and a steel knife to consistently grind the meat you have chosen. It comes with a sausage stuffing kit with an adapter, 3 different sized funnels, and a spacer.
It has a large hopper opening, adjustable burrs which will enable you to switch from coarse to fine grind control, and has a heavy-duty auger bearing made of nylon.
It is easy to assemble and disassemble which makes it easy to maintain and clean. It is ergonomic and comes with a protective rubber pad for delicate work areas. It is the ultimate manual grinder for hot dogs, burgers, sausages, and many more.
- This model is very easy to maintain
- You can easily assemble or disassemble the machine
- Product using process is simple
- They are pretty durable and long-lasting
- The construction is made of real steel.
- Great price with lots of easy features.
- Could improve on suction power
- Proper maintenance of the blade is not easy.
- Some reviewers complain about the rust issues.
Huanyu Manual Meat Grinder
Next up on our product review is the multi-purpose Huanyu Manual Meat Grinder with unique features. We just like the simplicity but the sleekness of the design on this grinder.
It has two major functions, it is a grinder and a stuffing tube. The combination of a cross knife and around meat plate will work on grinding appropriate ingredients consistently. Also, turn it into a sausage stuffer when you install the enema nozzle.
It is made of sturdy stainless steel that is built to last. This makes for meat grinding machine that is washable and rust plus corrosion-resistant. It has a strong suction cup at the bottom and a stainless steel table clamp which will make sure that it won’t wobble when you are grinding.
May it be pork, fish, beef, or vegetable you can sure count on this grinder to do a fine (pun intended) job on helping you prepare your food.
- The design and appearance is versatile
- You will enjoy the tough construction of the machine
- Two types of stainless steel will ensure durability.
- Easy and hassle-free to use and maintenance is simple.
- You can clean them without any problem.
- Not 100% rust or corrosion-resistant.
- Customer care service is not up to the mark.
- Not a USA made product
GEFU Meat Mincer TRANSFORMA
The GEFU Meat Mincer TRANSFORMA is stainless steel, tin-plated heavy-duty grinder model that’s built to last. The 29 cm(w) x 8.5 cm (l) x 10 cm(w ) dimensions ensure the processing of generous portions of ground meat and fast.
It comes with a high-quality plastic construction clamp pad too to protect the surface that you’d be working on plus the table clamp will attach to your table or countertop with a maximum thickness of 1 ½ inch.
It also has an oversized thumb screw that would enable you to attach or remove the ergonomic handle. This makes it easier to clean and won’t cause splinters. You can also assemble and disassemble it easily for proper, quick, and easy cleaning.
It comes with two grinding plates (coarse and fine) for meat, fish, and vegetable. sausage stuffer, biscuit attachments with five discs which makes it perfect for making links, sausages, hotdogs, and biscuits.
- This model is durable and long-lasting than the other brands
- You can easily use and maintain this machine
- Completely space saver and economical priced
- Ergonomic design and 5 years warranty
- Completely Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- You can cook sausage with this machine.
- Sometimes this model prone to rust
- Some reviewers complain about Small exit holes
- This product is made in china.
CucinaPro Cast Iron Table Mount Meat Grinder
The CucinaPro Cast Iron Table Mount Meat Grinder includes 3 cutting disks in varying sizes. This should enable you for grinding the meat you have chosen for the day in the consistency that you exactly want it to be.
You can use it for any type of meat and also enables you to make sausages. So grind whatever your or your family’s heart desires for your next meal.
It also features one of the sturdiest tabletop clamps on our list. This should enable you to get to work safely, consistently, and efficiently as long as you mount it on a sturdy and stable surface.
The heavy-duty cast iron construction is one of the most common materials used for manual grinders. It’s not only strong enough but is durable enough to take the wear and tear of regular meat preparation.
- The construction of this grinder is durable and long-lasting
- You can use them easily
- Require almost zero maintenance.
- Ergonomic and attractive design
- You will get a powerful grinding all the time
- Price is relatively economical than the other models
- Premature rusting is the worst issue
- Most of the reviewers complain about the quality.
- No cookie-cutter attachment included
Norpro Meat Grinder, Mincer, and Pasta Maker
The last entry on our manual meat grinder review is the versatile and innovative Norpro Meat Grinder, Mincer, and Pasta Maker. The first thing you’d noticed about this manual grinder is its unusual but unique design.
And as the name itself implies it is very versatile, it is also a mincer and a pasta maker which helps explain its aesthetics, well, a little bit. It is ideal for meats, nuts, beans, and vegetables.
It gives you two screens for two mincing options, coarse and fine. It is ideal for hamburger patties, meatloaf, and homemade sausages. Then it has 5 pasta attachments, Penne, tagliatelle or fettuccine, fusilli or spiral, spaghetti, and rigatoni.
There’re so many grinding machines, which come with pasta plates, noodle plates, or sausage-making funnels
It comes with a sausage funnel and stainless steel blades and has a suction base to lock in on any surface.
- This model is a kitchen-friendly machine
- Versatile design and functionality make this model handy.
- The cleaning process is easy
- An ideal model for a lot of meats.
- Enclosed are blades for nontoxic use.
- Some reviewers complain about the durability
- It cannot handle beef chuck and pork with comfort.
Simple Being Manual Meat Grinder
Very few manual grinding models are as good and cheap as the Simple Being Manual Meat Grinder. Rest assured that you’ll not be disappointed with its overall performance.
So, if you’re a barbeque lover who’s looking for an affordable or best-rated manual meat grinder then this one is a must-have for you. So we have done these manual meat grinder reviews.
This machine is made of heavy-duty plastic construction and stainless steel that makes it tough enough to take on any workload and you’ll be able to use it for a longer time.
It comes with stainless steel blades that are super sharp. As a result, you can grind any kind of meat. This is the best manual meat grinder for bones and has featured a remarkable suction base that can keep it in place when you’re using it.
To get better results, you can put the pieces of the meat into the machine and rotate the hand crank which you can do without putting in any extra strength.
You will not face any injuries as the blades are fully covered which makes it also very safe to use. You’ll find a pusher to keep your hands and fingers safe from the blades.
Besides grinding, you can use this machine for cutting and chopping various foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, etc. However, if you want to do the process quickly, you have to make sure that the meat had been cut into cubes and the veggies had been cut into sections before you use the machine.
This unit is not big and heavy to carry, so you’ll be able to carry it comfortably in any place you want to take it. Lastly, you can clean it with the dishwasher as the grinder is dishwasher-friendly.
This grinder can also be easily hand-cleaned with regular soap as well. Also, the grinding discs will process baked food, adding extra choices to the mix.
- Ideal machine for small spaces
- It offers full control of the process
- Fast and Easy cleanup
- The price is affordable and economical.
- Lightweight and long-lasting model compare to other brands.
- Permits an easy mounting on every tabletop
- Unable to grind bones
- Many reviewers complain about the blade
- The delivery process is not up to the mark.
Bellemain Manual Meat Grinder
The Bellemain Manual Meat Grinder is an affordable grinding tool that you can use to grind your meat perfectly. It’s a perfect addition to your home and the meat it grinds is stunning.
It has received a lot of praise for its overall performance. So we decided to review this best manual grinding machine. They’re equally common quality control matters with the appropriate controlling of the internal parts.
his machine can work with both cooked and raw slices of meat. It’s designed with a special suction base that can easily ensure its stability.
This machine is best suited for those who prefer to grind their meat themselves. This is the best manual screw-down grinding machine.
So, if you have a lot of time to cook and prepare meals for your family then this is the machine you should use. Besides, you’ll have full control while using this machine.
This machine features a tough plastic body with durable blades that are made of stainless steel. The size and weight of this machine are compact and light respectively. If you want great results, you should use this machine on a flat, smooth surface as that will help to reduce the vibration.
It’s also very easy to clean as the grinder is dishwasher friendly which ensures you the sanitation of all moving parts for food item safety. However, before loading it to the dishwasher, you have to make sure that the larger clumps of meat are removed.
This unit only offers you one medium grinding plate. To use this plate, you have to cut your meat into small chunks.
But you can’t use tough chunks of meat because this machine can’t handle heavy-duty and fine grinding when tough chunks of meat are used.
Especially, it can get jammed when you use red meat or anything that involves fats. Also, it can provide you with one option for your ground meat texture.
- The manufacturer includes a tough plastic casing
- Stainless steel sharp blades and disc won’t rust
- Easy to disassemble or assemble
- Offers full control of the grinding process
- Long-lasting and sturdy construction
- Sturdy clamp bolts in with no trouble and clamps compactly
- Doesn’t include sausage stuffers.
- It has more than a few rough edges.
Don't forget to read our another article best commercial meat grinder
What are the Different Parts of the Meat Grinder?
Be it an electric meat grinder or a manual one, some parts are common in both of them.
The portable manual grinder will be of no use without the blade. The blades usually come with two or four cutting edges. The blades work along with the plates and rotate against them which helps to grind the meat precisely.
These excellent blades are ready to lend a hand as many sausage recipes possibly will require thinner grinds, even though burgers will require heavier grindings. If you include a meat pusher to stop hands from getting near to blades.
The plate of the grinder is known as the disk. It’s the hole through which the meat passes. The grinders come with several large holes and small holes result in finely ground meat. ‘
The ring keeps the blade and the plate in place while using the grinding model.
The screw is the main driver of the grinder that pushes the meat from the chute towards the blade.
The tray holds the meat that needs to be sent down through the feed chute. Having a large tray on the grinder will help to provide better convenience and more efficiency.
The pusher sends down the meat through the feeding chute. Just about 20% of ground beef in the USA supplies contained germs.
Benefits of Using a Meat and Vegetable Grinder
Real Flavor of the Meat
The ground meat available in the supermarket contains many preservatives to keep the meat edible for a long period. However, that tends to deteriorate the taste and the texture of the meat over time.
With a grinder, you can easily grind the meat at home instantly and get the real flavor of the meat. If you want to have the natural juicy flavor of the meat then grinding tools is a must-have for you.
If you have a manual grinder you can grind the meat of your choice. Store-bought meat contains preservatives and chemicals that are not safe for human bodies. There have been many reports where people found different meat than what they asked for.
So, with the grinder, you can ensure the maximum safety to your health that you’re getting what you asked for and eat freshly ground meat of your choice.
Sometimes you need to buy a large pack of ground meat from the store because they don’t sell it in small portions. You only get a few size options at the supermarket and you have no option but to choose more even if you don’t need it.
With grinding tools, you can grind as much as you need and control the portion size. There’s no risk of any wastage and its cost and time saving as well.
The manual grinder helps to retain the texture of the meat whereas with the store-bought ones the texture tends to deteriorate over time.
Also, the chemical preservative used to prolong the life of the meat changes the texture. However, with the grinding machine, you can cook all your favorite foods quickly with fresh and natural ingredients.
Despite that fact what we may consider, the majority of ground beef we purchase in larger shopping malls is not properly ground in-store.
How to Take Good Care of Your Manual Meat Grinders
Most manual grinders may be prone to clogging, blockage, or damage if not properly used and maintained. As we already mentioned, they are not heavy-duty types but if you do use them regularly you need to know how to take good care of them so that they may last a little bit longer. Here are a few tips:
- Easy with the bones. Most of the time, manual grinding machines get clogged because of bones and sinew. Please do take note that you are not supposed to grind large amounts of bones together with your meat.
As much as possible remove the bones first before grinding just so you won’t damage or clog your powerful grinder. Some manual grinding models have cheap plastic parts and they could be easily broken.
- Patience is the key. Cut your slabs of meat into smaller bits if you can. This would alleviate some stress from your manual grinders and make them more efficient.
- Keep the blades clean. Don’t forget to always clean your manual grinding models after using them. If your manual grinding model’s blades and cutting plates are always left with excess meat on them then chances are the oil would damage it eventually. If someone grinds meat regularly, stand-alone these manual models are the best option.
Also, rust and corrosion might develop and aside from the fact that that would dull your blades and chopping plates, it’s also a health hazard. Keep yourself and your family safe by keeping your KitchenAid tools clean.
- Make sure to dry your manual grinder properly after every washing.
Read Also: Cuisinart Electric Meat Grinder Review
How to Clean the Meat Grinder?
Cleaning the grinder regularly will enhance its lifecycle to a great extent and also give you better output. Raw meat contains many different germs and bacteria and it’s a must to clean the appliance thoroughly to maintain basic hygiene.
Washing the manual grinder is not rocket science and it’s quite similar to washing any other cookware. Let’s take a look at some tips following which you can easily clean the grinding model.
- Clean the grinder immediately after use. Do not leave the grinder uncleaned after use as that will form unwanted bacteria and germs in it. The uncleaned meat will eventually form a crust that will make it harder to clean later.
- The next technique might seem a bit odd but it’s quite a lifesaver. Put one or two slices of bread through the feeding chute. This will help to absorb the oil and grease from the grinder and make the cleaning process easier.
- Make sure you disassemble the grinder while cleaning. First, disconnect the grinder from the power source and break it down into its parts. Usually, the removable parts of the manual grinder consist of a pusher, a feed tube, a screw, a plate, blades, etc. However, if the model you use come with
- Now, soak all the removable parts of the grinding machine in a bucket full of lukewarm water. Add some dishwashing detergent to give them a more thorough cleaning. Let the parts sit in the water for about half-hour so that all the oil and debris are removed from them.
However, if you use an electric grinder then make sure that you don’t put the motorized parts in the washer. You can clean them with a damp cloth to clean the surface.
- Once the parts are soaked properly, take them out and scrub them thoroughly to make them squeaky clean. Be careful while cleaning the blades because a little slip can create deadly accidents. So, always take proper precautionary measures while cleaning the blades.
- Make sure you rinse off the dishwasher properly and dry up the parts before putting them back to place.
What can you grind in a meat grinder?
You can grind any kind of meat. You can also make sausages that are a consistent piece for any meat lover. If you want to make Burger Patty, these machines will help you. You can grind bones, cookie Dough, and vegetables as well.
Can you grind vegetables in a meat grinder?
Yes, you can grind all kinds of vegetables perfectly without having any problems! Most manual grinding manufacturers design their machines too fast to grind food to even constancy and quality—precisely what you need in a decent falafel.
Not any requirement to pre-chop basils and vegetables at this point—on condition that they fit down the grinder’s force, you’re golden. It’s also good at grinding vegetables.
Can you grind potatoes in a meat grinder?
Yes, you can grind potatoes, and you can use any fine attachment for the mashed potatoes.
Why do some of the manual meat grinder user manual states don’t wash the parts in the dishwasher?
Don’t try to clean the machine’s motor or any non-motorized machine parts into any kind of dishwasher. This attempt will damage your grinder’s parts easily.
Make sure to pick up only the best manual meat grinder in the market. There are tons to choose from and that’s exactly the reason why we created this detailed guide for you. This is to ensure that you get the best bang for your buck.
These manual grinders are well-built, meant to last, and easy to maintain so you definitely won’t be asking for more.
What’s important is you have a safe and efficient way of preparing your food so always make sure to choose the right product for everyday basis use of the family.
If you have any questions regarding manual meat grinder reviews, please feel free to share your thought. Our experts will answer your queries as soon as possible.